Durable, effective and much cheaper than regular cloth diapers and disposables diapers!
These rectangular hemp inserts are made to be folded (usually tri-folded) and inserted into an appropriate diaper cover (with or without pocket). Inserts are much more economical than regular cloth diapers and of course, disposable diapers! These inserts offer durability and superior absorption thanks to the properties of hemp. The fabric is pre-washed.
This insert is a hemp/cotton blend, so you’re getting the advantage of an absorbent hemp with a quick absorbing cotton blend.
• Colour: natural, serging of variable color
• Preshrunk, will not lose shape
• Composition: 55% hemp, 45% organic cotton
• Unpackaged, Made in Canada
- Absorbency:hemp is 3x more absorbent than cotton alone. This makes for an unbeatable leak-free system when paired with a quality diaper cover. Oftem Hemp is blended with cotton, so you’re getting the advantage of an absorbent hemp with a quick absorbing cotton blend. Hemp is slow at absorbing fluids.
- Breathable: while hemp is absorbent, it will also feel wet to the touch.
- Durability: Because of it’s super absorbency it can be trickier to wash. hemp does have a longer drying time than microfiber or cotton. It has also been known to hold smells if not washed and dried properly. Rated as extremely durable.
- Sustainability: using hemp, instead of cotton, really is better for the environment. Hemp does not deplete the soil; in fact hemp leaves return nitrogen back to the soil, which improves soil fertility, therefore requiring less fertilizer for subsequent rotated crops.
Pros:extremely absorbent; holds onto liquid
Cons: slow to soak up liquid; slow to dry; build-up smells; expensive
How to prep Bamboo and Hemp
Inserts that are made from natural fibers such as hemp and bamboo contain natural oils. Because of this it is recommended that they be washed at least 1x with a small amount of detergent and hot water as to not deposit oils on other cloth diapers possibly causing repelling.