The summer heat brings out adult cravings for drinks on the patio! Here's a recipe for happiness in a glass! Bursting with cool, crisp summer freshness that will hit the spot.
You will need:
Fresh mint (or mint extract, but fresh is best)
Strawberry puree or strawberry daiquiri drink mix
Lime (or lime juice, store-bought lime juice often contains sulfates)
Club soda (tonic water or your fav carbonated water)
- 10 mint leaves (or more if you like it minty) if using extract, start with 1/8 tsp and adjust to taste. Place the mint in the bottom of a sturdy glass
- Cut lime in four and place 1/4 of the lime in the same glass. TO help the lime juice better, slice the top.
- Using a pestle or a wooden spoon, smash up the lime and the mint leaves to release the flavor. If using juice and extract, stir the two together vigorously
- Add 1.5 oz of strawberry pure or strawberry daiquiri mix. (or more if you want a stronger strawberry taste)
- Fill glass with ice
- Top up with your bubbly beverage of choice!
- Give it a stir. Make sure to stir in an upward motion
- Drink it in the glass you prepared it in, or add it to an "adult" glass! Use a straw.
- When you're ready for alcohol again, add 1.5 oz of your fav white rum!
I LOVE this drink! It's fresh and not overly sweet and goes so well with the summer heat!