We’ve expanded our bra selection. We now have two seamless bras in stock, both from Canadian brands, Modern Eternity and Momzelle. These seamless bras were designed for pregnancy and have nursing clips.
You probably aren’t familiar with this style of bra, so we’re going to tell you why a seamless bra should be part of your maternity wardrobe.
These bras have been described as “Yoga pants for your boobs”. Seamless bras are stretchy which makes them comfortable and versatile. The versatility is important because your body is going to go through many changes that are going to affect your band and cup size.
- This is the perfect bra to transition to when you're pregnant. The stretchy fabric and multiple hook placements (or extender) mean this bra will fit you during your pregnancy when your rib cage is wider and will continue to fit you postpartum when your rib cage narrows again and your breasts grow.
- The stretchy fabric and multiple hook placements can accommodate growing breasts. The inside is seamless, so your body shapes the cups. Your breasts don’t have to fit into the mold of premade cups.
- The nylon spandex fabric blend is quick-drying. That makes these bras perfect for low impact workouts like Lifting, Spin, Pilates, Barre, and Yoga.
- Seamless construction makes them comfortable as a sleep bra.
- You can wear these after your pregnancy even if you aren’t breastfeeding. I wear one!
Now here’s a point by point comparison of the two brands we carry. Both bras have the above-stated benefits, but each is also unique.
The Momzelle Seamless Bra
- Yoga pants for your boobs Momzelle (customer review)
- This bra is made of 93% nylon and 7% spandex. It is one seamless piece of fabric
- The straps are adjustable
- The straps have colour matching clips.
- The breastfeeding attachment is made of a thin ribbon that attaches to the bottom of the cup. The ribbon is also 93% nylon and 7% spandex.
- The fabric is seamless on the inside.
- This bra does not include an extender, but has 5 hook placements, measuring 2.5” in length.
- The higher profile between the breasts gives this bra a sports bra look.
- The straps can be crossed in the back for added support
- I’ve been wearing the S in Black since the summer. I’ve worn it as an everyday bra, I slept in it backcountry camping, and I’ve worn it for hot yoga, barre, and Pilates. It’s amazing to exercise in. This bra holds tight to the body and doesn’t chafe or irritate the skin. It’s held up really well to washing. I’ve lost 30 lbs since I first started wearing this bra, so I don’t know if it’s because I’ve lost weight, or because the fabric is stretching out, but I now need to go up a hook placement for the bra to fit me best.
The Modern Eternity Seamless Bra
- Very soft and comfortable material for a sensitive area! Feel like there is quite a lot of room to expand. (Modern Eternity Customer Review)
- The bra is made of 89% nylon and 11% spandex. It is one seamless piece of fabric.
- The straps are adjustable
- The straps have colour match clips for clip down nursing access
- The breastfeeding attachment is made of a ½ moon piece of fabric that is flat stitched into the side seam of the cup. This piece is made of 74% cotton, 23% nylon, 3% spandex.
- The fabric is not truly seamless on the inside.
- This bra has three hooks on the band measuring 1.5”. Each bra comes with a bra extender that gives you three additional hooks. This gives you an additional 2” of band space.
- Ruching between the cups for more stretch and some added shape. This makes it look more like a traditional bra and less like a sports bra.
- The straps are fixed in place in the back.
- The medium is snug on me. When I measured for Momzelle, according to my bra size I was supposed to be a medium but I found the cups too big. The Momzelle small fits me the way the Modern Eternity M does without the extender. I haven’t had the opportunity to wear this bra yet which means I need you to test it for me! CONTEST…You can test it for me!
Seamless bras may not have the sex appeal of the lace bra or a bra with shaped cups, but they are incredibly comfortable and versatile and they won’t let you down!
We are giving away one free Modern Eternity Seamless bra! Test it for us. Wear it to sleep, to the gym, on a regular day, wash it lots then let us know what you think! The contest is open to pregnant or breastfeeding moms. After 30 days of wearing the bra you’ll need to leave a review.
How to enter:
- We want to know: Comment, what do you love and hate about bras or bra shopping? You can also comment on this blog post.
- Like other comments on the post to vote for the person who left the comment. Each reaction to your comment on the post gives you an additional entry (pst...get your friends and family to like your comment). Vote by liking!
- Any comments on our other Facebook & Instagram posts posted February 23rd to February 28th will also give you a contest entry.
Contest ends February 29th, 2020 Winner will be chosen using a randomizer and will be announced Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
If you win, you will be required to leave an honest review of the bra on our website 30 days after you’ve received the bra.